design thinking for marketing professionals
Every marketer knows that the customer reigns supreme, but sometimes knowing what is true, is not enough. In the fast-moving world of marketing, the pressure of kpi's, metrics and sales forecasts can push what should be the imperative, under the carpet.
The good news is that by learning and applying Design Thinking, you can both meet your targets and meet your customer needs.
In this workshop - we'll show you how!
Design Thinking is a mindset, skillset and toolset that allows people to genuinely understand problems and create solutions that their customers actually want and need. It dives deeply into the human experience, asking the difficult questions and going beyond the obvious to develop ideas that keep the customer at the centre. It is an approach that's friendly both to the time-poor and to the purse strings, using simple yet effective tools to empathise, ideate, prototype and deliver ideas that create impact.
'Design Thinking for Marketing Professionals' provides marketers with the fundamentals of the Design Thinking process specifically from a marketing and communications perspective. Participants will learn and practice tools and techniques to uncover next-level understanding of their user needs, wants and desires and then generate, design and develop ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy them.
If you work in marketing and have ever asked yourself:
"Do we need to be more customer focussed?"
"How do I discover and empathise with our customers needs?"
"How can we create meaningful interactions with our customers?"
"How do I create a customer journey map?"
"What do I need to ideate effectively?"
"How can I design, develop and test my ideas with less impact on the budget?"
Then this is the workshop for you!
Key Features of the Workshop Include:
- You will apply the Design Thinking process to your own marketing challenges, and leave with a range of ideas and opportunities for overcoming them.
- You will learn what influences your customer's actions, preferences and needs and how to use this knowledge to to create meaningful engagement with them.
- You will gain practical tools in user empathy, persona mapping, interviewing techniques, idea generation and low-fidelity prototyping, as well as powerful tools for gaining wider organisational buy in.
- You will learn how customer insight can be used to empower you and your team.
- You will receive high quality and engaging course materials with relevant case studies, Design Thinking tools and practical tips.
- You will receive access to an online portal featuring printable Design Thinking tools.
- You will receive lunch, and all the morning and afternoon trimmings!
19 July 2019
$898 per person + GST
Merryn is a customer-centric and dynamic digital marketing leader with extensive experience in using data insights to transform traditional approaches to customer experience and engagement. Merryn discovered the power of Design Thinking as a marketer in the finance sector and has used it ever since to build high performing teams that are customer obsessed and driven to deliver meaningful customer outcomes. Merryn is passionate about challenging the status quo, experimenting and learning to create business and customer success.
Andrew is Co-Founder of G2 Innovation. Andrew has worked with some of the world's most well-known brands, helping them to solve complex problems and to re-think their innovation strategy and approach. Originally an industrial designer, Andrew has spent his entire career using Design Thinking to support organisations to grow and transform. He is passionate about empowering individuals and teams through Design Thinking and is fortunate enough to be able to train teams nationally and internationally in these user-centric innovation skills.
ARE YOU TRAVELLING to geelong FOR A WORKSHOP?
If you're travelling from interstate, our nearest airport is Avalon Airport. It's only 25 minutes away by uber, taxi or shuttle bus. Tullamarine, Melbourne's International Airport, is about an hour away.
If you're travelling from Melbourne, the train journey from Southern Cross Station to Geelong Station takes about an hour and it's the same duration by car. We also have free parking!
Phone us on (03) 9020 7341 or email email@example.com