Is your culture...
Lacking a consistent method for problem solving?
Stagnant, lacking in creativity or motivation?
Flailing due to deep seated problems?
or just ready for a change?
You are not alone! More and more businesses are realising the importance of developing a sustainable culture of innovation, but they don't know where to start, how to ensure consistency or how to maintain momentum.
enter design thinking.
Design Thinking is a series of steps that help organisations delve deeper, define and refine, ask the difficult questions, and go beyond the obvious to understand and cut through to the real challenges to be solved.
It is a great tool for developing and improving organisational culture because it is an approach that always puts people at the centre. Design Thinking is all about immersing oneself in other people's experience, so that you can genuinely understand their perspective. This ensures that any solutions add value to the people that matter the most.
Increasing Design Thinking capability not only helps organisations to solve internal culture battles, it also aides development of an innovative and entrepreneurial workforce, who have the skills and confidence to solve problems and develop innovative solutions quickly, creatively and resourcefully.
Unlike many creativity methods that open the mind, yet fail to align with people or strategy, and unlike many strategic methodologies which purely focus on mission and control, Design Thinking is a balanced process which promotes creativity without neglecting to consider strategic goals. It's the ultimate win:win system.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of Design Thinking and how to apply it to your organisation's culture. You will learn how using empathy and journey tools can help you to genuinely understand the needs of your team and your customers, you will tackle ideation from a culture perspective and you will develop a discipline for testing and a tolerance for failure that can empower your workforce, creating greater productivity and ingenuity towards problems.
This workshop is ideal for CEOs, HR practitioners, senior leads and business owners that want to influence change, and develop, maintain and support a motivated, autonomous and flexible culture of innovation.
Andrew Jones, Co-Founder of G2 Innovation and our resident Design Thinking expert, will be leading this workshop. Andrew is in demand across Australia and the UK for his transformative programs.
Key learnings from the Workshop include:
- You'll learn about the power of Design Thinking, the steps involved and how to apply this process both as an individual and across teams.
- You'll discover how to use empathy and observation to support your culture.
- You'll see how simple changes to your problem solving process can have a transformative impact on your culture.
- You'll learn simple strategies for de-risking innovation and managing failure in the workplace.
- You'll take away tools and techniques that inspire greater creativity and autonomy in the workplace.
- You'll have an opportunity to work collaboratively and independently to ideate around your own organisational problems.
- You’ll receive high quality and engaging course materials with relevant case studies, Design Thinking tools and practical tips.
- You’ll improve your skills and gain invaluable innovation confidence,
- You’ll receive lunch and all the morning and afternoon trimmings.
Date: Tuesday, 18th July 2017
TIME: 9am - 5pm.
Can't make this workshop, but interested in hearing about future G2 Workshops? Fill in your details here and you'll be the first in the know.
Read more about Design Thinking here:
how are you travelling to this workshop?
If you are travelling from interstate, our nearest Airport is Avalon Airport. It's only 25 minutes away by uber, taxi or shuttle bus. Tullamarine Airport is about an hour away.
If you're travelling from Melbourne, the train journey from Southern Cross to Geelong takes a little over an hour and it's about the same duration by car. There is abundant all-day parking near the venue - which is very reasonably priced too!