In the history of the human race, never have we had so much access to information, knowledge, customers and new markets as we do today.
This should mean that it is also easier than ever to solve customer problems, fix organisational challenges or turn an idea into a success story. However, recognising that we have unparalleled opportunities and knowing how to turn these into action are two very different things. In fact, sometimes the overwhelming awareness of the possibilities available to us can result in a paralysis to act.
The good news is that whilst the speed and pace of change is increasing rapidly, the actual trends that influence and govern change are relatively slow moving and unmissable.
That is why being able to recognise, understand, and manipulate trends is increasingly important. Trends are something tangible that you can map, immerse yourself in and use to better connect with your consumer. Understanding trends provides you with the ability to both better understand user needs, but also to identify and solve their problems before they even emerge. Most importantly of all, trends allow you to informatively imagine how the future will impact your business and what opportunities the future could grant you.
In this workshop, you will learn how trends influence their users, how to better anticipate what the future will look like for your business or organisation, and crucially how to take a proactive approach by using trends to generate and develop new ideas. The workshop features a variety of case studies and practical tools for implementation.
Innovation is all about being proactive rather than reactive, and outward looking rather than inward. Trends are your window into the future and this one-day workshop will empower you to draw back the curtains.
Andrew Jones, Co-Founder of G2 Innovation will be the course facilitator. Andrew has worked with some of the world's most well-known brands, helping them to solve complex problems and re-think their innovation strategy and approach. As an expert in Design Thinking and future forecasting, Andrew combines the power of both methodologies to take human-centred innovation to a new level. He is in demand across Australia and the UK for his dynamic and transformative training programs.
Key learnings from the workshop include:
- You'll gain a deep understanding of the 5 step process for using trends to innovate: Follow, Invest, Empathise, Analyse, Act.
- You’ll learn how trends influence your users’ actions, preferences and needs and how to use this knowledge to your advantage.
- You'll learn to differentiate Mega Trends, Consumer Trends and Fashionable Trends and why differentiation can be the key to innovation success.
- You'll apply specific trends to your own customer and work challenges to unleash new opportunities.
- You'll be inspired by up to date case studies and trend examples.
- You'll collaborate and be inspired by other professionals.
- You’ll receive high quality and engaging course materials with relevant tools and practical tips.
- You’ll improve your skills and gain invaluable innovation confidence.
- You’ll receive lunch, and all the morning and afternoon trimmings!
Location: Geelong, Victoria Venue: Powerhouse 1, Federal Mills, North Geelong.
Date: 26th October 2017 Time: 9.00am-5.00pm SOLD OUT (NEW DATES COMING SOON)
Cost: $898 excl. GST
ARE YOU TRAVELLING FOR THIS WORKSHOP?
If you're travelling from interstate, our nearest airport is Avalon Airport. It's only 25 minutes away by uber, taxi or shuttle bus. Tullamarine, Melbourne's International Airport, is about an hour away.
If you're travelling from Melbourne, the train journey from Southern Cross Station to Geelong Station takes about an hour and it's the same duration by car.
Would you like to know more about USING TRENDS TO INNOVATE?
Feel free to read one of our many articles on this powerful topic.