innovation strategy, Mastery and delivery (3 day course)
We talk about strategy a lot in business. There’s a growth strategy, a marketing strategy, an HR and finance strategy, but who can put their hand up and say they have an Innovation Strategy?
Your Innovation Strategy is your plan of action. It should reflect your organisational purpose and balance your resources, skills, risk tolerance, needs and desires to create a company-wide vision for innovation that is both audacious in ambition and realistic enough to be executed. It should also feature a portfolio of incremental, adjacent and radical ideas with a ratio that is tailored and optimised to your organisation. Above all else, your Innovation Strategy needs to be approached with an awareness that even once committed to paper, it must be fluid and flexible enough to respond to changing marketplaces, trends and business landscapes.
It is also imperative to recognise that your Innovation Strategy will be redundant unless you and the people on your team are motivated to make it happen. To ensure this, you must both understand the 'why' behind the strategy and have the necessary skills to take innovation forward. Only then will you and your team be pro-active and confident in pursuit of fulfilling the end goals. That's why Mastery of innovation skills and innovation processes is crucial to your Innovation Strategy.
Finally, as a leader you need to have in your armoury some tried and tested tools for sharing and embedding your strategy. This is all about building a culture of innovation, where people don't fear innovation but thrive upon it. That is when Delivery of the strategy will come into it's own and will be led not by one person on an uphill climb, but collaboratively by the entire organisation.
This 3 day course explores the what, why and how of developing a robust, purpose driven innovation strategy. It provides attendees with the tools and techniques to master and lead innovation within their organisations, and to design and deliver a sustainable culture of innovation that will support the strategy's implementation. This is a hands-on workshop ideal for business owners, CEOs, MDs, senior leaders, strategists or anyone wanting to develop and embed an Innovation Strategy within their organisation.
Key features of the course include:
- What influences an innovation strategy? Understanding internal and external influences and how to future proof your strategy.
- Understanding your core purpose and how innovation fits within it.
- Recognising your organisational innovation goals and limitations. Are you playing to win? Or playing not lose?
- What is an Innovation Portfolio and how to develop your optimum ratio of incremental, adjacent and radical innovation activities.
- Creating an innovation strategy that incorporates all areas of your business - not just products and services.
- Learn and embrace best practise innovation tools that can give you and your team the skills and motivation to deliver the strategy. These include tools for trend analysis and future forecasting, human-centred design, ideation and low-fidelity prototyping methodologies.
- Learn the core principles behind achieving a Culture of Innovation.
- Gain simple tools to make innovation accessible across an organisation.
- Learn how to influence and encourage the first followers of your innovation strategy.
- Learn methods for measuring innovation.
- The course is led by innovation expert and G2 Innovation Co-Founder, Andrew Jones. More information on Andrew can be found here.
- Course takes place at G2 Innovation's purpose-designed Innovation Training facility in Geelong, Victoria: The Innovation Powerhouse.
- Small class size guaranteed.
- The three-day course is conducted over three consecutive days.
- Course includes lunch and all the morning and afternoon trimmings each day.
- 6 months access to our online portal of innovation tools.
- High quality printed materials provided.
- Certificate of completion.
Next Public Course: November 14-16 2017 at The Innovation Powerhouse, Federal Mills, North Geelong, Victoria.
Cost: $5,999 plus GST per person.
Enquiries and Bookings: Please phone (03) 9020 7341 or email email@example.com for any queries or to arrange invoicing.
We also run this course for organisations looking for team training at their preferred location. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
how to get to this event
If you're travelling from interstate, our nearest airport is Avalon Airport. It's only 25 minutes away by uber, taxi or shuttle bus. Tullamarine, Melbourne's International Airport, is about an hour away.
If you're travelling from Melbourne, the train journey from Southern Cross Station to Geelong Station takes about an hour and it's the same duration by car.
Looking for accommodation? Chat to us. We're always happy to help.